STUDENT PIRGS NEW VOTERS PROJECT
Your Vote. Our Voice.
According to exit polls issued by national media outlets, the youth share of the electorate increased to 19 percent in 2012 over 18 percent in 2008.
Thanks to all the hard work you guys did we saw youth turnout increase on several of the campuses we were at. Below are several of highlights:
- At the University of Wisconsin Madison Lowell Center, voter turnout increased by 73 percent
- At Florida State University, Precinct 1507 showed a 29 percent increase
- The University of Maryland STAMP voting center demonstrated a 48 percent increase over 2008
- North Carolina State University’s Wake Precinct showed a 13 percent increase
- Precinct 48 at the University of Texas, Dallas demonstrated a 46 percent increase
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Precinct 3, for instance showed a 29 percent increase over 2008.
Breaking: According to exit polls, the youth share of the electorate increased to 19 percent in 2012 over 18 percent in 2008.